I have had a busy crazy week this week! Not only is it my daughter’s 11th birthday (with a sleepover coming up on the weekend with four girls attending 😮), but my oven is out and I have had to be really creative with meal making (not to mention how do you make a birthday cake)! My deep fryer has been getting more attention than usual. One good thing that has come of this situation is that I have perfected my fried chicken recipe! Yay me!
It is so simple, no need for dipping in flour after basting and seasoning….no, no my friend. My recipe does it all in one bowl, which equals less mess and less waste because as I mentioned before, I don’t do the flour dredge. After making this recipe several times in many different ways I finally hit on one that is good…really good, and delicious :-).
Easy Fried Chicken
- 8 pieces (leg and thighs separated)
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. of season all salt
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- ½ cup of flour
- If not already done, separate the legs from the thighs by cutting through the joint.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the vinegar. Mix to coat.
- Add season salt, garlic powder and black pepper and mix until all pieces are well covered.
- Turn on the deep fryer to 375°.
- Sprinkle flour over all of the chicken both sides (feel free to use more flour if not well coated).
- Place 1 thigh in the deep fryer and after 1 minute add 1 leg, fry for 8 minutes.
- Remove the 2 chicken pieces and repeat step 6 three more times.
While the other pieces are frying I put the chicken in the oven to keep warm (my broiler setting still works 😀) and add the pieces until all are finished.
Great sides to put with this are dinner rolls and salad, fries and coleslaw or even french fries and salad.
Try it and let me know what you think.
Until next time.