I love easy…don’t’ you? I enjoy love making meals for me and my family that are easy, delicious, especially the ones that my family feels the same about! I love it when they ask me what’s for dinner and they are excited by my answer! These open face bagel sandwiches fit the bill! They are so good that this could easily be a Fun Food Friday meal :-).
I have been making this recipe for my friends and family for years and I have made many changes to it, most of them on the fly and of course none of it written down :-/. Here is the base recipe and if I add anything else in the future I will make sure to update it.
- 4 – 5 Bagels
- 3 boiled eggs
- 2 cans of flakes of ham
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped chives or green onions
- 1 Tsp. of pepper
- ½ Tsp. of salt
- 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- Split all bagels in half and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place chopped boiled eggs in a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add next 5 ingredients and mix together until well incorporated.
- Cover bagels with egg & ham mixture; top with cheese.
- Turn on oven broiler, once heated place bagels under broiler for 4 – 5 mins.
- Keep an eye on the bagels and remove as soon as the cheese starts to bubble.
If you have read any of my other recipes you will know that my go to side is a salad, but I have added home fires to it as well (just not as much salad).
As I promised…easy! Whether it’s delicious or not will be up to you and your family. Don’t just take my word for it! Try it, I know you will love it, and when you do please let me know.
Until next time.