My kids love dessert, what kids don’t? My youngest (DJ) can take it or leave it, depending on what it is but as a collective group they always ask…after every meal! As a rule I make dessert on Sunday’s and that’s it, other than maybe a night out for milkshakes or the occasional bowl of ice cream.
The other night that question came up again… I really get tired of hearing it every night! I mean don’t they know that it’s Wednesday, not Sunday and I only make dessert on SUNDAY!! Ahhhhhh! That wasn’t my reaction, by the way, in case you’re wondering. Nope, instead I had anticipated the question and had come up with a great quick and easy dessert plan. I think they were actually surprised that I said yes and that I had something in mind.
This is the recipe, and I must say that it went over really well.
Chocolate Peanut Butter S'mores
- Marshmallows (for as many as cookie halves you have)
- Sandwich cookies with chocolate layer in the middle
- Peanut butter
- Take the cookies and gently pull or using a dull knife and separate the 2 halves.
- Make sure that there is an equal amount of chocolate on each cookie half.
- Spread about a tsp of peanut butter on each cookie half.
- Depending on the size of the cookies you may need to cut the marshmallow in half and place a half on each cookie otherwise place the whole marshmallow on top.
- Place s’mores on a cookie sheet.
- Turn your oven to the broil setting and place the cookie sheet in the oven.
- These should be done in 3 minutes or less so keep an eye on them!
Be careful to wait a minute or two before serving as they will be hot!
So easy and my kids really enjoyed them! It was a special and unexpected treat that went over well.
Try it and tell me what you think!
Until next time.