I love pulled pork! Who’s with me. So much so that if I could find a way to make it into a dessert…I would! So much so that if someone posted the pulled pork diet on Pinterest I would be pinning that all over (and following it)…no questions asked! So much so….well… you get the picture. Surprisingly enough I also love salads (talk about being at the other end of the spectrum!) I like to do lighter meals at least once a week and salads is one of them. I enjoy seeing all those colourful vegetables nestled on a bed of leafy greens, pretty picture. So to keep things from getting too boring with the salads, (you can only do chicken so many ways) I like to mix it up with different meats and I decided to meld my love of pulled pork with my adoration for salad.
My family shares my love of salads…no coincidence as I have been making their meals for over 16 years….I can’t complain at least it evens out their love of hamburgers, hotdogs and grilled cheese sandwiches!
I did make my own slow cooked pulled pork for this recipe but we will focus on the salad for now (I promise I will post the pulled pork recipe at some point 🙂 ). The only part that took any time was the pulled pork and the slow cooker handled that ;-). Love dinners that take me only 20 minutes to make! Use the salad ingredients that your family enjoys or deconstruct it and let everyone pick their own ingredients, salads are great that way, the sky is the limit!
Pulled Pork Salad
- 1 medium tomato
- 6 cups of chopped lettuce (use your favourite)
- ½ a head of finely chopped broccoli
- ¼ of canola oil
- 3 tbsp. of vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tsp. of salt
- ½ a bag of 14 oz bag of coleslaw
- 2 boiled eggs
- Pulled pork (approximately 5 cups worth)
- Prepare lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl place coleslaw mix and broccoli and toss.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour into bowl with coleslaw mixture and toss.
- Chop tomato and set aside.
- Chop boiled eggs and place in a small bowl (Not everyone in my house enjoys boiled eggs).
- Plating: Lettuce, pulled pork, coleslaw mixture, tomatoes and eggs.
The next time I slow cook some pulled pork I will definitely link it. Otherwise…I hate to say it but they do sell ready made in the grocery stores, if nothing else it’s convenient 🙂
Here is the recipe for the dinner rolls, also quick and easy, but that’s the theme here.
Enjoy! Until next time.