I came across this recipe on Pinterest, but there was stuff in the original recipe that I did not currently have in my pantry so I had no choice but to make this my own. I also wanted to incorporate more vegetables so I did! With the addition of shredded carrot I think this took the recipe from just delicious to super nutritious.
The sauce (my own) consists of a soy sauce/peanut butter combo. I tried to keep things simple not just because that is the theme of my blog J but when you are cooking for picky eaters it is key to not make things too complicated… what’s that you say… those picky eaters live at your house as well, than this is the recipe for you. You can make the lettuce into little scoops or if you have kids and want to avoid the inevitable mess you can cut the lettuce into smaller pieces and use it a base for the meat mixture, which is what I did.
Pork Lettuce Wraps with Ramen Noodles
- 1lb of ground pork
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
- Several leaves of butter or romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 pkgs of Ramen noodles
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Brown pork in a skillet over medium high heat add salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
- When onion is softened turn heat to low-medium heat and add soy sauce and peanut butter.
- Keep on low simmering while you make the noodles.
- Put water into medium saucepan on high.
- Once water boils immediately turn to low break up noodles and add to pot.
- In 2 minutes add 1 packet of the spice mix (that is included with the noodles) and the peas.
- Cover pot and remove from heat.
Plate the lettuce, top with the pork mixture and add the carrot on top. Place the noodles and peas on the side.
Quick, easy, delicious and versatile. Use whatever lettuce you want, or you can add a little ginger to the meat mixture. Mix it up and enjoy!