Candy Cane White Chocolate Ice Cream
So I kinda fell off the radar for a bit! This season and the many parties leaves not much time for anything else, but I m back now! In a big way. Usually I bake/make a very elaborate Christmas Day desert (and that is after the elaborate Christmas day brunch)! This year I have several lovely cookie treats to choose from (remember that). So I have decided that there will be a nice homemade ice cream to eat with the cookies or just on it’s own.
My peeps, this is the easiest ice cream you will ever make! Seriously! Depending on your mix-ins it is 3 or 4 ingredients (in my case 6, it’s decadent!) It’s really smooth, creamy and delicious.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Ice Cream
- 1/2 a can of condensed milk (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups of Cool Whip (or home whipped cream)
- 1 tsp of mint extract
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped candy cane
- 1/4 cup of chopped white chocolate
- Chop 10 mini candy canes (if individually wrapped pound each one 2x with a rolling pin)
- Chop chocolate on a cutting board with knife. Mix chocolate and candy canes in a bowl.
- Add your condensed milk and extracts to a large bowl, mix well.
- Add your cool whip to the milk mixture and fold in. Sprinkle your candy cane and chocolate into the mixture and mix until incorporate.
- Pour into a container (use one that will chill well). Place in the freezer for 24 hours.
That’s all! Soooooo simple. Depending on the crowd that your serving you could double this up but I would recommend using a separate container for the double portion so it freezes well. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the finished product as I just made this tonight…stay tuned for those…I hope.
No need to slave over a hot oven. Try for this Christmas dessert and let me know how it turns out.
Until next time…