Day-8 Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
Loving day 8! Shortbread! The world’s easiest shortbread recipe ever! It also contains 2 of my favourite ingredients, white chocolate and cranberries…yumm!
This recipe took about 40 minutes from beginning to end. You literally mix all the ingredients and form the cookies into mounds, place on your baking sheet and bake…voila!
Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
Recipe from KraftCanada.com
- 2 cups of butter, softened(I used margarine)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 pkg. of white chocolate squares chopped
- 1-1/2 cups of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and cranberries. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
No changes to the recipe but of course I have my tips to make this even easier for you 🙂 .
- Chop up your chocolate into small chunks as this is a smaller sized cookie.
- This dough is very crumby…crumbly (is that a word?) Anyway, it is a little difficult to work with so just work the tablespoons of dough between your hands prior placing on baking sheet. You only need to work it a little so it sticks together and doesn’t crumble when placed on the cookie sheet.
- I added a little milk to mine as a binder as I used margarine instead of butter.
This cookie can last a week in an airtight container in your pantry or in freezer weight ziploc bags inside your freezer for 1 month. You will need to thaw the cookies at room temperature before serving.
Featured cookie number 8 is GREAT…yes I know that was cheesy but it rhymed and I’m a little tired so…anyway try it out let me know!