Day 6 Festive Cookie Balls
So today was my daughter’s day to help me out and she was very excited to do so! She loves getting messy and this was one of those treats where you have to get your hands dirty…but in a good way 🙂
This is is the most simple of recipes and apart from the dipping in the chocolate my 10 year old daughter could have done it all by herself. They aren’t exactly cookies, but they have cookies in them! Best part, is that they do not require baking…YES!!
I made mine green and white because I had white chocolate on hand and a few green candy wafers. You do whatever works for you, regular chocolate or make them festive.
Use whatever sprinkles you have on hand and the leftover cookie crumbs to decorate the tops after dipping. I did not reserve any cookie for decorating, I just opted to use my stash of Christmas sprinkles. My daughter was the key decorator on this one 🙂
Festive Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg. (300 g) Chocolate Chip (or any cookie you prefer), finely crushed, divided
- 1 pkg. (250 g) Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. (8 squares each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Remove 1 tbsp. of cookie crumbs; set aside. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Melt chocolate squares as directed on package. Dip balls in chocolate; place on parchment-or waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
(store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator)
So quick to make and so good!! We had to have a taste…now down to 41. Give it a try and let me know .