I know a lot of people are intimidated by Quiche, the pie crust, the chopping, the cutting and mixing….My recipe eliminates most of that and gets it on the table quick! Most of the time spent on this recipe, as detailed below, is the quiche cooking in the oven. I made this recently on a weekday and during the week the meals have to be quick as the kids have practices to attend so no time for anything complicated.
Quick Ham, Cheese & Broccoli Quiche
- 1 (156g) can of Flakes of Ham
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Cottage Cheese (you can omit this if you want, I add it because it gives the quiche a nice texture)
- 2 tbsps of Cold Water
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 1 cup of thawed and drained frozen Broccoli
- 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees.
- Take a fork and break up the ham in the can, set aside.
- Take all five eggs and crack them into a medium sized bowl, add the cottage cheese (if using) water, salt and pepper, blend with an immersion blender until it is pale yellow and frothy.
- Add broccoli, ham and cheese to the bowl and give it a good mix with a spatula.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 35 mins. or until slightly brown on top and centre is firm.
I served mine with a side salad (from a bagged store bought salad : ) Healthy isn’t synonymous with homemade!