Whew!! What a week it’s been. I was a member of the planning committee for my church’s ladies retreat, planning began a year ago (yes, we decided that would be a smart approach with all of us being busy ladies). This past weekend was the retreat and although we all enjoyed it and it went well I came home dog tired!! I didn’t have to cook and the food was great! I do enjoy not cooking once in a while : ) But those two things alone would have made the weekend great.
I have what I consider the world’s simplest, quickest recipe for dinner rolls. These can be made for guests (I’ve done it) and are also great for a middle of the week meal! Yes, that easy! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and I needed to modify it for my purposes I needed a larger quantity and I don’t use self-rising flour so baking science 101 was needed. My recipe will make 12 rolls.
Quick Dinner Rolls
- 2-1/3 cups of allpurpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsps of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup and 3 tbsps of milk
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (be generous)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees celsius). Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder and salt and stir together. Add mayonnaise and blend with a pastry blender or fork until there are no clumps. Add milk and mix together with a spatula until a nice ball forms.
- Separate dough in half and make 6 balls with each half, roll in your hand for a second or two and then place in muffin tin (do not overwork dough!)
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until puffed up and nicely browned.
These rolls go well with anything!! Pasta, salads (last week we had them with chicken and a side salad).