Welcome! I want to share my love of food with you…simple, delicious, food. I do enjoy oven baked Lasagna and Crème Brulee but those dishes tend to be well…complicated and/or time-consuming. I’m not into complicated but I do enjoy really good food and so does my family so I have come up with several recipes and ways to be able to make the food I want without all that personal time involved. With a little thinking ahead and planning I have been able to pull off some pretty amazing meals and still be able to spend some time reading a good book or hanging out with the fam (as my 15-year-old would say). So without further adieu here we go. This is a new adventure and I am so glad that you have joined me today and I know you won’t be disappointed.
Most of us are familiar with Hamburger Helper and his less famous brother Tuna Helper. Hamburger helper originated in 1971 and was a godsend to many a housewife. The recipe below has familiar ingredients and is not only very tasty but is also nutritious and quick. This is only one of the many varieties of Homemade Hamburger Helper that I have in my repertoire so come back for more soon. By then, I may also develop a simplified version of Lasagna and Crème Brulee! So keep visiting to see : )
Homemade Hamburger Helper
- I lb. of ground beef
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tsps. of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of small pasta (I used Fusilli)
- I cup of frozen green peas
- 1 cup of spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese grated
- In a large frying pan brown ground beef and drain off excess oil, add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add milk, water and pasta to the pan, bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover for 8-10 mins, keep stirring occasionally so that pasta doesn’t stick to the fry pan.
- Uncover and check if pasta is tender, if yes add frozen peas and pasta sauce, mix until well incorporated. Cook on med to low heat for another 5 mins. until peas are heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat and serve.
*This meal is also great with a side salad and you’re boosting your veggie intake! **If you want to plate this on your fancy dishes to celebrate that fact that you cooked a meal in 30 minutes, go for it!! Bon Appetit!